Muuto: harmony of colours
The interiors curated by the Danish brand Muuto always radiate peace and harmony while featuring a diverse range of shades. These complement each other perfectly across the room or even across the whole house. Muuto shows that you can experiment with colour even when it comes to bigger furniture pieces. Pair the Enfold Sideboard in a rich burgundy with the subtle cream Outline Sofa. Its neutral upholstery allows you to add even more colour accents in the form of decorations, cushions, or perhaps the pastel Soft Side Table.
- Outline Sofa by Anderssen & Voll
- Soft Side Table in Dusty Green
- Outline Cushion by HAY
- Ridge Vase by Studio Kaksikko
- Rime pendant lamp with coloured cable
- Enfold Sideboard in Deep Red
Bolia: tone-on-tone elegance
Although Scandinavian design doesn't stop there, it is often associated with shades of beige and carefully chosen natural materials in particular. These are also at the heart of Bolia's portfolio, which allows you to create tone-on-tone interiors enhanced by different textures and organic shapes. For example, the Cosima sofa, which you'll love for its wide seat cushions, is available in a range of upholsteries, from wool-based ones to velvet. What's more, thanks to its modular system, you can tailor it to suit your interior and personal taste.
- Cosima Modular Sofa designed by Kaschkasch
- Bowie Armchair with oak base
- Pair of Acorn Lamps with wooden details
- Vase from the Kastehelmi Collection by Iittala
- Wooden Latch Table in a irregular shape
&Tradition: design across decades
In the &Tradition's portfolio, current design meets pieces that boast a history spanning several decades. Time-honoured design is a safe bet when furnishing a timeless interior, allowing you to choose even bolder designs.
Examples include the Boomerang Lounge Chair from the modernist collection designed by Hvidt & Mølgaard, upholstered in blue striped fabric, or the Flowerpot Lamp by designer Verner Panton in an eye-catching chrome finish. Despite the fact that these pieces were designed in the 1950s and 1960s, a combination with the Inland Sofa or the Tung Side Table proves they actually perfectly complement the furniture from the most recent collections.
- Iconic Flowerpot Lamp by Verner Panton
- Tung Side Table with a glossy finish
- Handmade, woolen Cruise Rug
- Boomerang Lounge Chair by Hvidt & Mølgaard
- Formakami Table Lamp made of rice paper and wood
- Comfortable Inland Sofa by Anderssen & Voll
Have you decided on a style for your living room, but don't know where to start? Our earlier article How to choose a sofa will give you some useful tips on what aspects to consider when choosing the key piece of furniture. Or you can dive straight into our wide range of Sofas.