1. Our contact details for data protection matters
1.1. Our company DesignVille s.r.o. acts as a so-called data controller. In case of questions, requests or objections relating to the processing of personal data, please contact us using the contact details below:
625 00 Brno
1.2. We do not have a Data Protection Officer.
2. Legal basis for the processing of personal data, method and purpose of processing, storage period
We are entitled to process your personal data even without your consent:
- to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations under the purchase contract,
- to the extent necessary for the performance of our obligations in maintaining the user account,
- to the extent necessary to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us by a legal requirement, such as a law,
- to the extent necessary to protect our legitimate interests - direct marketing
We also provide more detailed information on the individual legal bases for processing personal data:
2.1. Processing for the performance of a contract you have entered into with us
- 2.1.1 We process personal data in order to enter into a purchase contract with you and also to fulfil our obligations under the purchase contract you have entered into with us (Article 6(1)(b) of the Regulation). In this way, we process your identification data (first name, surname) and address data (residential address, or the delivery address you have provided, e-mail address, telephone number) or descriptive data if you have provided it in the order (academic degree).
- 2.1.2 The purpose of processing personal data is the conclusion of the purchase contract and the subsequent fulfilment of our obligations under the purchase contract, in particular the delivery of the goods to the address you have provided, including the transfer of personal data to the carrier or delivery service of your choice (e.g. Uloženka).
- 2.1.3 Storage period: For as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations under the purchase contract.
2.2 Processing for the purposes of maintaining a user account
- 2.2.1 We set up a user account for our buyers and process their personal data to enable us to fulfil our obligations under the terms and conditions (Article 6(1)(b) of the Regulation) and to enable our customers to remotely access their personal data directly or to enable them to make changes and corrections (Article 6(1)(c) of the Regulation).
- 2.2.2 The purpose of processing personal data is the service of automatically pre-filling the order form, displaying the order history in the user account and providing direct access to personal data.
- 2.2.3 Storage period: For the duration of the user account, i.e. until you cancel your user account. However, in the case of inactive customers, we may cancel their user account and delete their personal data upon prior notice.
2.3 Processing to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us by law
- 2.3.1 We also process your personal data because it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject (Article 6(1)(c) of the Regulation).
- 2.3.2 We issue tax documents, which we are obliged to keep and archive for the period of time provided for by law, in particular the Accounting Act (Act No. 563/1991 Coll.) and the Value Added Tax Act (Act No. 235/2004 Coll.). Other obligations arise from the Civil Code, in particular from the legal regulation of so-called consumer contracts.
- 2.3.3 The purpose of processing your personal data is to fulfil our legal obligations, in particular in the field of accounting and tax regulations, as well as to deal with any complaints about defects in the goods, and to receive the goods in the event of withdrawal from the purchase contract.
- 2.3.4 Duration of storage: We only store personal data for as long as is strictly necessary and archive them in accordance with the statutory time limits imposed by law.
2.4. Our legitimate interests for the performance of direct marketing
- 2.4.1 We further process your personal data because it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the Regulation), in the manner set out below.
- 2.4.2 We may send an email newsletter (commercial communication) to your email address that you provided to us in connection with the conclusion of the purchase contract, but only with an offer of goods and related services of our e-shop - we will not send you any third party offers. You have the option to refuse the newsletter.
- 2.4.3 The purpose of processing your personal data is to be able to inform you about new products, promotions and services of our e-shop. We consider this necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests. For this purpose, we only process your e-mail address. You can object to this processing of your personal data (see article 5.5) and, by unsubscribing from the newsletter, you can very simply stop the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- 2.4.4 Storage period: We store your email address for the duration of your user account.
Only on the basis of your consent to the processing of your personal data do we process your personal data:
- for the purpose of sending you our newsletter (if you are not our customer)
2.5 Cookies and website visit data
- IP address,
- date and time of your visit and how long you visited the site,
- source URL (the page you are coming from),
- list of our sites visited
- and device and browser information (browser type and version, operating system, etc.).
- 2.5.2 We use and analyse this personal data for remarketing purposes.
2.6 Sending the newsletter
- 2.6.1 We need consent to send the newsletter from visitors to our site who are not our customers. They have the option to subscribe to the newsletter by entering their email address.
- 2.6.2 The purpose of processing the email address is to send commercial communications and offers to the email address you have entered in the sign-up box.
- 2.6.3 You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your email address (personal data) at any time. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal of consent. You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data directly via the newsletter in the manner specified in the footer of each newsletter.
- 2.6.4 If you do not withdraw your consent before then, we will process your email address for a period of five years.
3. Who do we provide your personal data to?
- 3.1. We pass on your personal data to third parties, i.e. recipients of personal data, in particular for the purpose of operating our e-shop, fulfilling our contractual obligations and for direct marketing purposes to the extent set out in Article 2 above.
3.2 Recipients of personal data may be:
- 3.2.1 the company PeckaDesign, s.r.o., company registration number 26266644, with registered office at Purkyňova 1773/2, Královo Pole, 612 00 Brno, Czech Republic, registered with the Regional Court in Brno under file number C 40751, as a processor and service provider.
- 3.2.2 hosting operator VSHosting s.r.o., company ID: 61505455, with registered office at Sodomkova 1579/5, Hostivař, 102 00 Prague 10, Czech Republic, registered with the Municipal Court in Prague under file number C 29746 as the processor.
- 3.2.3 The transport and dispensing service providers selected by you and listed on the Shipping and Payment page.
- 3.2.4 Emailing service provider Rocket Science Group (known as MailChimp) located at 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, United States of America as the processor.
- 3.2.5 suppliers, insurance companies, external legal representation, other authorities in consumer proceedings, shipping companies in connection with the handling of claims and insurance claims.
- 3.2.6 tax authorities, tax advisors and auditors, if necessary to comply with our legal obligation.
4. Transfer of personal data to third countries
- 4.1. We process personal data in the Czech Republic or in EU member states.
- 4.2. In connection with the use of MailChimp, personal data is transferred to the USA. The recipient is the Rocket Science Group, which is, however, listed as a certified Privacy Shield company and thus ensures an adequate level of data protection (see here https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG).
5. Your rights in relation to our processing of your personal data
5.1 We process your personal data in a fair and transparent manner, in accordance with the law. We also set out the rights you have in relation to the processing of your personal data.
5.2 Right of access to personal data
- 5.2.1 You have the right to access personal data relating to you as a so-called data subject, under the conditions set out in Article 15 of the Regulation.
- 5.2.2 Your personal data is accessible to you within your user account for the duration of the account.
5.3 Right to rectification of personal data
- 5.3.1 If you believe that the personal data we process about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct or complete it. However, you can correct or amend your personal data yourself within your user account.
5.4 Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten"), right to restriction of processing
- 5.4.1 You have the right to request that we delete personal data relating to you without undue delay, but only if one of the grounds set out in Article 17 of the Regulation applies.
- 5.4.2 You have the right to restrict processing in any of the cases listed in Article 18 of the Regulation.
5.5 Right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you
- 5.5.1 You have the right to object to the processing of personal data concerning you where we process personal data on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the Regulation, i.e. for the purposes of our legitimate interests; we justify processing for direct marketing purposes on the basis of legitimate interests (see Article 2.4).
- 5.5.2 Objection to processing for direct marketing purposes in practice means that you can object to receiving newsletters or other commercial communications and we will no longer send you newsletters or other commercial communications. However, you can simply unsubscribe from newsletters directly via the newsletter you receive or in your user account..
5.6 Right to portability of personal data
- 5.6.1 You have the right to obtain personal data relating to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, where applicable, the right to transfer that data to another entity without us preventing you from doing so.
- 5.6.2 You also have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data to another entity that acts as a so-called data controller, provided that it is technically feasible to do so.
5.7 Right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data
- 5.7.1 If you have given us consent to process personal data for purposes that require such consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent given prior to its withdrawal.
5.8. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- 5.8.1 You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data is in breach of the law. You can lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which is:
Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů (The Office for Personal Data Protection)
Pplk. Sochora 27
170 00 Prague, Czechia
5.9. How to exercise the right?
- 5.9.1 You can exercise your data protection rights in writing or electronically at the addresses listed in Article 1 above. Please note that in case of doubt, we are entitled to verify the identity of the person who made the request or objection. The rights under Article 5 cannot be exercised by telephone.